Monday, January 3, 2011

Addressing suggestions made during proposal defense

1. CW: Mention that you have IRB approval under the Noyce.
Thankfully, I ended up submitting everything to Rutgers IRB now that I am doing this research at Bloomfield High School. I am exempt - thank you, God. I need to stay on top of Arthur about filling out his part of the form. That is really all that is left to do with that - so I will make it a goal to finish that up this week.

2. What about urban?
Really good question, although I don;t know that I am emphasizing the urban aspect now that I am doing the research in Bloomfield, NJ.

3. Use of the word “minority students”? Use another term since the students within their setting are not minority students? Well, they are now since I switched from Newark to Bloomfield.

4. More demographic information on your participants. Really good point. I have to complete my individual interviews and make sure I ask those questions when I do it. I will make it a goal this week to revisit my individual interview protocol and schedule those interviews for sometime this month.

5. How do your codes facilitate your ability to address your research question?
They didn't. And now that I am focusing on Science educators I have to come up with some new codes. So...my goal for this week is to look at at least two focus group interviews and start developing new codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment