Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A new addition

Yesterday I ended up recording a classroom session from MG and interviewing him about his personal background. I love this. it is so very intriguing. I want to do at least one more focus group may be two. Last year's were amazing and I only did two. One at the beginning of the year and one towards the end. I think with the remaining month of the summer I will listen to all I have so far and look at the genocide writings to see if I can create some focus group questions for next year. I also have to look at Henry A. Giroux, Irving Goffman and Foucault. I owe to research papers and I need to get those done before school starts. I was thinking that Morell and I need to create a library schedule so we can both succeed. We need an exercise schedule, too. I'll work on that over the next couple of weeks. I think what has been difficult for me is coming to terms with the realization that this is a dual effort. I have to figure out how to include Morell because he has really sacrificed greatly so that I can do this.

So interesting. I felt like I was meeting MG for the first time. The would-be historian who became an Earth Science teacher. His dad was a mathematician who watched the calculus problems on the Rutgers channel on Saturday mornings. So math and its acceptable cousin, science was a more acceptable pursuit. He was most influenced by his high school history teacher. I really saw that influence in his teaching when I observed him. I also saw how his teaching style was influenced by his college education in science. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment