Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I have both a theoretical framework AND a conceptual framework. This seems strange, but I took them to mean different things because a theory is very different in my world than a concept. Concept defined:
1.
a general notion or idea; conception.
2.
an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
3.
a directly conceived  or intuited object of thought.
 
Theory defined:
1.
a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. principle, law, doctrine.
2.
a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.
 
With these definitions in mind, my conceptual framework consists of some very good ideas that I have more or less combine to construct an overarching theme that contextualizes my research. My theoretical framework is based on well-tested ideas in the field that I am contributing to.  Maybe is isn't necessary to make that distinction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment