Friday, July 29, 2011

Listening to the Interviews and Writing Grants

I have officially begun spending time with these interviews. I have listened to a couple of focus groups and the beginning of Dan's one on one interview. I really tackled some difficult matters. I am very proud of myself. I have to give Matt his recorder first thing on Monday. I really want to observe him. I can do that during my prep. I need to observe Dan and Gary as well. I will arrange to do that in the fall. And I would like to have one more focus group with Dan, Gary and Matt.

My school district does not seem to be committed to providing the materials I need so I have to apply for as many grants as possible. Luckily I had a pep talk during the ASM camp. I think I am really ready to start going for it. I need the experience. I have applied for one already this summer. It was for Biotechnology equipment and we did not get it, but this time I will give myself more time and really put thought into the goals and budget.

I have the goal this weekend of listening to Dan and Gary's personal interviews and finishing memos on the focus groups for this school year. I think it is doable. I was thinking that I am not that interested in using transana for video since I can't video record the classroom sessions. The video recordings of the focus groups are almost unnecessary, the audio is really sufficient. It would be the classroom recordings that I am most interested in. I need permission to video tape. And I think I can get that permission at ECA. As I suspected, the epilogue might end up being much more interesting than the rest of the dissertation. If that is the case I have to start working on that and contact IRB with the materials they requested as soon as possible.

In any case. I just have to chip, chip, chip away at all of this. One day at a time. Today I listen to interviews. Today I work on a grant a little bit. Today I build that model rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment