Friday, July 22, 2011

NOYCE and the beginning of coding

KJ and MT are teaching full time now. MT will be tenured next year. I also have the opportunity to present at a NOYCE regional conference. I should take a look at the data I collected from them way back and interview them again in the Fall. It would be interesting to discuss their views on discourse identity. It would be very cool to see how they have changed over the years or if their teaching experience has influenced their thinking in any way.

I listened to my last focus group interview and there were so many interesting ideas. I only got through 30 minutes out of two hours, but it was pretty amazing. According to my proposal defense, I need to finish identifying what is analytically interesting according to my research questions and write memos about what is interesting about those ideas.

Off we go!

Next week should be interesting at work. I get to do some teacher training on using graphing calculators for data collection on a physiology of zebra fish experiment. I also have great ideas for rocket science for the consortium students. I am brushing up on exponential and logarithmic functions. I need to brush up on my trigonometric functions as well. Looking forward to it! Kepler's Laws here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment