Monday, July 18, 2011

Motivating the Last Hurdle

I need to start fleshing out my vision and purpose and perhaps even some specific goals for the school or program I want to create after I graduate. I was just noting that what motivated me to begin this PhD program is very different than what is motivating me to finish. I thought I wanted a charter school for a really long time. That may still be true, but my goals are very different now. I know I still have a whole lot to experience, but last year taught me more than all previous years combined. So these summer months will be great in that i can deal with some seriously neglected areas of my life and start fleshing out the dream.

Any way, I pulled out all of the discourse analysis books. I think Deena is right about starting with the data. I think I'll start coding this week for at least 2-3 hours per day and see where it takes me.

But right now I have to go to the consortium and get these dissections started.

No comments:

Post a Comment